Professional Services Offered by Your INGLEWOOD Pharmacist
Once your prescription is received, the pharmacist carefully performs the following checks:
- drug, dosage, quantity, and directions for use are all correct
- prescription doesn’t duplicate any of your current therapy
- serious drug interactions won’t occur between your new prescription and existing medications or medical conditions
- medication is one that you won’t be allergic to
If information is missing from your prescription, or there are any other issues with it, your pharmacist may discuss these with you, or choose to contact your physician, or both. Once your medication is packaged and almost ready to go, your pharmacist performs one final check.
By comparing your prescription label with your doctor’s original prescription and by checking the contents of the prescription vial or container, your pharmacist will ensure that you receive the right medication.
When you pick up your prescription, in order to help you get the most from your medication, your INGLEWOOD pharmacist will provide counselling on the following:
- what your medication has been prescribed for
- how and when you should take it
- how long you should take it for
- how you will know if your medication is working and what to do if your medication is not working
- possible side effects and what you should do if you experience any
- how you should store your medication
- additional information about your medical condition
In addition to assessing, preparing, and counselling on your prescription medications, your INGLEWOOD pharmacist can also:
- arrange follow up sessions with you to ensure that your medications are working
- train you on how to use medical devices such as glucose meters
- help you choose appropriate over-the-counter (OTC) medications and products including vitamins and herbs
- provide you with advice and information on common ailments and various health topics
If you have any questions regarding your health, OUR pharmacist is often the first, and most accessible, health care professional you can visit on Inglewood Plain Road. Not only are our pharmacists medication experts, but they are also knowledgeable in the areas of disease prevention, nutrition, fitness, and general health and wellness. They can work with you to help you achieve your unique longterm health and lifestyle goals.
Specialty Services Provided by Your INGLEWOOD Pharmacist
Just ask your INGLEWOOD pharmacist about any of these great services:
INGLEWOOD MEDPACKS ®
A simple and convenient way to organize your medications at home, our unique blister packaging makes it easy for you to take your prescriptions, vitamins, and supplements each day.
Phone Refills, Online Prescription
Refills, and Refill Reminders – To save you time, you can order your refill prescriptions in advance by phone.
We offer local medication delivery in case you are unable to make to the store for pick-up.
Personalized Up-to-date Medication Profile
Our pharmacist can provide you with an up-to-date medication profile with each prescription, so you always have the most complete record of your medications on-hand.
This private consultation with your INGLEWOOD pharmacist focuses on helping you better understand your medications, how they work, and how to get the best results from using them, to maintain or enhance your quality of life.